Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 18:39:11 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jerry Preeper <preeper@cts.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aliasing/forwarding loop broken NOT majordomo

Jerry Preeper wrote:

>     ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>  550 :include:/www/ocbarr/maillist/boardml.txt... Cannot open
> /www/ocbarr/maillist/boardml.txt: Group writable directory
>  554 <board@domain.com>... aliasing/forwarding loop broken
>
> Permissions of /www/ocbarr/maillist are
> drw-r--r--   2 spirit  spirit   512 Dec 13 17:09 maillist
> (not group writable)

If that's a directory you'll probably want the "x" bits set. Mode 755 or
711 should do.

> boardml.txt permissions are
> -rw-r--r--  1 spirit  spirit  291 Dec  5 07:04 boardml.txt

Sendmail might complain ny directories in the path are group writable,
check /, /www, and /www/ocbarr as well.

Disclaimer: I am not a sendmail expert, I don't even use it, but this
"problem" is reported a lot on the Majordomo lists.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk

send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key