Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 1999 12:52:34 -0700
From:      David Richardson<dlr@davids.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Some more information from testing: If I setup the ISDN T/A to connect
using v.120, it connects just fine. Change the S param to connect using
Async-Sync PPP / Multilink PPP (both b channels), I connect the second b
channel comes up, I get the ips assigned, but then I can not route traffic
across the line. So there must be some problem with Async-Sync PPP /
multilink PPP.

Thanks again,

Dave

I am running 2.2.7, and have some pppd scripts that I have used for the
last couple of years to connect to my ISP. I upgraded from my 28.8 to a
3com IQ ISDN T/A. I changed the phone number, and try to connect. I get
pass the PSP authentication, and then packets don't forward across the
line.

Connect the 28.8 modem to the serial port, dial the script, it connects and
forwards packets.
Connect the ISDN T/A to the same serial port dial the script get the
dynamic IPs assigned. I try to ping the local assigned IP, and I get 100%
packet failure. Ping the remote IP, get 100% packet failure, but the SD/RD
lights flash on the T/A.
Reconnect the 28.8 modem, and all work correctly.

If I change the pap-secrets file to contain the wrong password, the ppp
connection fails, but the correct password back I get assigned IPs. So,
there is some talking working across the T/A.

Is there a kernel option to support ISDN T/A? It is an external T/A,
shouldn't it behave like a normal modem? Do I need to go to 2.2.8 or 3.0?

NOTE: If I use the evil bill os (NT) the T/A will connect with both
channels to my ISP.

Thanks,

Dave