Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:47:01 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Ruslan Sulemanov <amnesiac@2mcl.com>
Cc:        Vitaly Ovtchinnikov <alf@alf.alkorn.ru>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: After upgrade problem

> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 01:27:34 +0400
> From: Ruslan Sulemanov <amnesiac@2mcl.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> Big thanks ! i checked this and find my mistake,
> in /etc/fstab was /dev/acd0c i have changed to /dev/acd0a,
> and all ok ! :-) Thank!

Actually, 'c' is correct. This simply indicates that the device entry
for the 'c' device is incorrect. The minor mode for acd0c should be 0,
but will be 8 if the device has not been re-made since the new ata
driver was added. Similarly the acd1c device should have a minor mode
of 8, not 10.

If you re-make these and the mode does not change, please make sure
that your /dev/MAKEFILE is current. It is mostly coincidence that the
'a' device's minor modes did not change and that, on CD devices, the
'a' and 'c' devices are the same.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)