Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:54:57 -0600
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        Keith Spencer <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: maildirs...how do I create them?

At 08:57 PM 3/21/2002 +1100, Keith Spencer, you wrote:
>Hi all here is a bit of classic ignorance/confusion
>for you.
>I wish to install webmail.
>IMHO is a roxen module which has it(mostly) all.
>It can use courier imap.
>Imap needs to use maildirs.
>I already have users on my system usin  cucipop mail
>access and I have sendmail on the system (Freebsd 4.3)
>I don't understand what I have to do to create these
>maildirs? Th imap docs are confuding to me.
>Do I have all the mail software I need?
>Am I supposed to install Qmail or something instead of
>sendmail?
>I'd reaaly appreciate some hand leading here. I am
>comfortable with sendmail pop3 etc....I am wading out
>of my depth but HAVE to go there.
>PS use the kiss principle on me please.. I am not a
>guru here (rather obviously) just a "you'll do"
>teacher trying to admin or school's systems.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Keith

Keith,

I don't know that your MTA, sendmail, will deliver to maildir
directories.  If you want to use maildire, you might be better off running
qmail.  No, I'm not saying one is better than the other, just responding
according to what you wrote.  Or ... you might want to chose anoter IMAP
server.

Oscar