Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:40:43 -0800
From:      Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>
To:        K.J.Bosschaart@wtb.tue.nl
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: location of glx.conf?

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 02:28:33PM +0100, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:
> I installed from the ports (graphics/glx), which is indeed Utah-GLX,
> though it seems a rather dated version (August '99). I tried the
> symlinks mentioned, but still glx is loading with default values
> for the dma stuff :-(.

Yes... Back then it didn't have a configuration file. It used
environment variables instead.

The port maintainer is a TNT2 person and there hasn't really been any
improvement in the driver for that card (no specs). The MGA driver has
progressed quite a bit though, so if you're using a G200/G400 it really
is worth it to get a more recent version.

Unfortunately the current version of Utah-GLX in CVS is broken for
FreeBSD (at least it is on my system). Breakage happened some time
between December 23rd and January 15th. December 23rd source works fine
for me; you should be able to get that version by specifying a date flag
to CVS ("-D 1999-12-23" I think). Further instructions are at
http://utah-glx.sourceforge.net/