Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 05:38:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donnie Jones <donniejones18@yahoo.com>
To:        Walter McGinnis <wtem@olywa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrade from 4.0 to 4.4 cablem firewall/router ssh problems

> Previously, I was able to ssh to remote hosts from
> my LAN behind my
> FreeBSD box, after the upgrade and resumption of
> cable service I
> can't.  I can ssh between boxes on the LAN and from
> the
> router/firewall to remote hosts.
>
> TIA,
>
> Walter McGinnis

What rules do you have set up in your firewall?  Maybe
you should move the firewall rules file somewhere else
and put a new one there that is blank, in order to
enable the firewall to pass everything through.  Do
your pc's on the LAN have access to the internet?  or
are you only using them for ssh?

Also, any configuration files you have, such as your
rc.conf and your firewall rules file may be helpful to
us in answering your questions.

Sorry I can't help more.. yet.

-Donnie