Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 1995 21:05:38 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org

To: ports@freebsd.org
Subject: pbasic-2.0-950813

Announcing availability of Phil Cockcroft's Basic V2.0 + my ports wrapper,
for FreeBSD-current.

I would appreciate Satoshi's comments (or someone equivalent) on the wrapper
Makefile, as there's some wrinkles to iron out.

BTW Freefall or ftp.freebsd.org will be the master site for the distfile,
as I created the distfile, (ie it's not available on the net).

I will shortly upload
  130K freefall.cdrom.com:~ftp/incoming/pbasic-2.0-950813.src.tar.gz
	The generic architecture neutral sources (that I assembled,
	collating a floppy from Phil + my old copies of Phil's basic trees).
  1.5 K freefall.cdrom.com:~ftp/incoming/pbasic-2.0-950813.port.tar.gz
	My freebsd-current ports wrapper
  50 K  needed for package binary, but my link is slow, so I won't upload this.

After input on the Makefile, I'll commit it (or someone else such as Satoshi
can, if they want)

I chose to call Phil's Basic pbasic, but if this causes a name clash with
another basic, let me know, we can rename it something else.

Note from Makefile:

MAINTAINER=     jhs@freebsd.org
# I don't know the relative merits of pbasic & bwbasic, I don't use Basic.
# I'm merely providing this port wrapper after request for a FreeBSD basic,
# (last week there were no Basics, now there are two).

Julian
---
Julian H. Stacey	Email: jhs@freebsd.org	Web: www.freebsd.org/~jhs/
Tel: +49 89 268616	Fax: +49 89 2608126	Time Zone: GMT+1
Post: Holz Strasse 27d, 80469 Munich, Germany.	Internet, Unix & C Consultant