Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:05:40 -0700
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com
Cc:        fenner@research.att.com, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Causing <netinet/in.h> to depend on <sys/socket.h>

They are not pointers.  That's why I included a reference to the
API spec; it says that the structure is, e.g.:

struct group_source_req {
   uint32_t                gsr_interface; /* interface index */
   struct sockaddr_storage gsr_group;     /* group address */
   struct sockaddr_storage gsr_source;    /* source address */
};

That's why I said the API makes <sys/socket.h> a prerequisite for
<netinet/in.h>.

  Bill