Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 18:07:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>, Dan Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request for review: getcontext, setcontext, etc

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Julian Elischer wrote:
> "Dan, In your example, are you indicating more munching on behalf
> of thread 2 or continued munching in the FPU  as a carryover from
> thread1? (lazy context swapping?)"

Nate answered it correctly, so I didn't reply to it.
Thread 1 only munches data for thread 1, and likewise for
thread 2.

I used pthread_yield() just to show that it was not a
signal or preemption (which in libc_r, are generated by
signals too).  I could have used pthread_mutex_lock(),
read(), write(), malloc(), etc., instead of pthread_yield().

--
Dan Eischen