Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 00:34:21 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kristian Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Corrupted disk slice

I'm having problems with a corrupted disk slice, which I would really
appreciate some help with. When I booted freebsd, the automatic fsck'ing
failed on my /dev/rwd1s4e with the error:

Can't open /dev/rwd1s4e: Invalid argument

And dumped me into single-user mode. Trying to mount the partition manually
gives:

[morden] 0:33 ~ mount -t ufs /dev/wd1s4e /usr2

/dev/wd1s4e on /usr2: Incorrect super block.

Now, this partition has been fine for several months since I installed
it, although I have been playing around with upgrading my windows
partition which may have buggered up my partition information.

The rest of my partitions mount fine:
/dev/wd0a on / (local)
/dev/wd0s2f on /usr (local)
/dev/wd0s2e on /var (local)
procfs on /proc (local)
/dev/wd1s3e on /home (local)
/dev/wd1s1 on /d (local)
/dev/wd1s5 on /e (local)

I'm not sure what other information is needed to identify the problem
and/or a solution, so if there is anything else you need to know I'll
post it.

Regards,

Kris