Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:23:14 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Bill Schoolcraft" <bill@wiliweld.com>, "Philip Hallstrom" <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Putting a USB Compact Flash reader on a FreeBSD system

Update:

I could not get the Imation FlashGo reader to work.  I finally found a place
that had the SanDisk reader recommended here (the ImageMate USB CF reader,
SDDR-31) and bought it.  It worked as soon as I plugged it into the machine.
I was able to mount the CF card as a filesystem with no trouble, and it
works fine now.  This was specifically the SDDR-31-02, if anyone is keeping
score.  Anyway, I guess the Imation device is not compatible for whatever
reason.  Time to visit eBay!

Thanks to Philip and Bill for explaining how to set up the device.  My
digicam has been gathering dust for two years because I could no longer read
the CF cards on my Windows machine (long story, it's on my Web site), but
this has fixed the problem for me, so I am very happy.