Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:02:21 +0300 (EAT)
From:      <ksemat@wawa.eahd.or.ug>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPPoE with Radius Accounting

Hello everyone,

I have the following setup:

Alinux box dialing via PPPoE to a Freebsd 4.4-STABLE PPPoE server. The
Freebsd server is set to authenticate againast a Radius Server Running
RadiusNT with sql server 7 on Windows 2000 server ( I know all of this is
lousy). Now dialup and authentication are ok however the problem comes
with accouting packets.

Somehow the accouting packets are not sent on to the accouting server
which is the same as the Radius machine. I need this to work because I do
a timing solution using Easy Access and thus when the customer logs off,
the Bsd shoudl send a stop packet that causes the Radius server to send a
CDR to the Easy Access machine and thus do an update of his remaining
time. IN my /etc/radius.conf I have

auth	x.x.x.x		secret
acct	x.x.x.x		secret

and in my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf I have

pppoe:
allow users
enable pap
allow mode direct
set mru 1492
set mtu 1492
set speed sync
enable lqr
enable proxy
accept dns
set cd 5
set ifaddr x.x.x.x x.x.x.x-x.x.x.254
set dns x.x.x.x y.y.y.y
set radius /etc/radius.conf

ANyone experienced this before? Any ideas?