Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:07:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mwlucas@exceptionet.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftpd: some clients can list, some cannot

Hello,

I have a strange problem with a 3.2-stable ftpd, cvsuped last Monday.

I've compiled ftpd with INTERNAL_LS=true.  When a user is listed in
/etc/ftpchroot, they may or may not be able to list the contents of their
home directory.

The -stable and -current FreeBSD client cannot list the directory.

wsftp cannot list the directory.

Oddly, OSF1 can, in particular (from uname -a):

OSF1 saturn2.acs.oakland.edu V3.2 148 alpha

Now, I want the user to be able to list their home directory, but not get
out of it.  Obviously, there's something I'm missing that would generate
consistent results.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
==ml
--
Michael Lucas			|