Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 21:39:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marc W <mwlist@lanfear.com>
To:        "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>, Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:Can't get 132 columns in single-user mode

    I read just last week on this list that you can add the following
to your kernel config file:

    options VESA

    and then run the following on the command line:

    vidcontrol VESA_132x50 (or 60 for that matter)

    i'm now happily running 132x60 on my machine ...   now if I just
could figure out the 'right' way to add this to rc.conf ...

    marc.

Marc W, San Francisco, CA
Kiltdown -- a free email client for X
www.kiltdown.org -- it's what's underneath that counts.

pjklist@ekahuna.com
> Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New
Millenium