Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 00:03:39 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "R.P. Aditya" <aditya@grot.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 inserts to get WaveLAN (wi) card to work?

In message <20011015221942.A85263@mighty.grot.org> "R.P. Aditya" writes:
: Okay, I took IRQ 8 out of my irq list in pccard.conf and rebooted, and there
: was no difference, it still took two inserts before the wi card would work.

I'm pretty sure that pccardd is ignoring the irq line.  Looks like you
have a TI-1131, which is a decent chip and most people that have it
seem to be happy.

: > > insert after a "watchdog timer reset"):
: >
: > What does the rest of dmesg say?  The above doesn't tell me too much.

Hmmm.  What happens if you add some debug printfs in
sys/dev/wi/if_wi.c in wi_pccard_probe.  What error is wi_alloc
returning?  Is it even being called?

Warner