Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:03:37 +0000
From:      Mike Bristow <mike@urgle.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        "N.B. DelMore" <mylists@inr.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple IP addresses

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 04:19:19AM -0800, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:
> This hack promotes violation of ARIN and other IN registry policies
> regarding use of IP space.

No more than the other ways of doing the same things, of which FreeBSD
has plenty (if less efficent).

And I'd suggest that this is not the case anyway (but I'm not up
to date with the assignment policys of RIPE/ARIN etc anyhow).   My
understanding is that ``If we think you've got a good reason for those
address, you can have them'' is a reasonable summary; I suspect that
being an SSL web farm is definatly a good reason, and I know that
wanting to support virtual hosts in an HTTP/1.0 complient manner
was, and maybe still is.

--
Mike Bristow, Geek At Large	         ``Beware of Invisible Cows''