Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:06:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where to find pam_unix documentation?

Hey *, I'm trying to do something fairly simple.  On a 4.6
Release box I would like to force all users to choose passwords
over a certain length and of a certain complexity.  Now before
anyone jumps and says to edit /etc/login.conf, please note that
I tried that and it did not work.  I don't want to get into too
much detail there because my req's that management handed down
go beyond the stated abilities there anyway; I need PAM.

So basically from the docs here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pam/pam-freebsd-modules.html
I gather that the module I need is pam_unix, but when I look for
the man page...nothing.  I've spent about an hour on google now
also and found plenty of developers and admins talking about
using it, but nothing resembling a man page or even a how-to.

Specifically I need to enforce the use of a mix of alphanumeric
and special chars, a minimum length, passwd expiration (with
forewarning preferably), passwd history, and account lockouts.
Note: I will gladly RTFM.  Muchas thnx.