Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 00:16:38 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Flemming Froekjaer" <flemming@froekjaer.org>, "Tim Erlin" <tperlin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Mail Client for IMAP

No it doesen't.  IMAP permits access from multiple clients as well as
offering storage services.  He is a lot better off with using an IMAP
client locally because he may wish at some point to remotely access all
of his mail, even if only for an hour or so, and IMAP gives him the
same mail access he gets locally.