Date:      Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:16:28 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>, audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Propagating the nodump flag

In message <xzpofvl62h5.fsf@flood.ping.uio.no> Dag-Erling Smorgrav writes:
: 1) does our dump(8) have useful functionality that NetBSD's doesn't?
: 2) does NetBSD's dump(8) have useful functionality that ours doesn't?
:
: If the answers to these questions are "no" and "yes" respectively, as
: I suspect they may be, we should just replace our dump(8) with
: NetBSD's. If the answers are "yes" and "yes", we should merge
: evrything NetBSD's dump(8) does that ours doesn't into our dump(8) and
: strive to keep the diffs between the two as small as possible.

I have changes to our dump that uses wall -g rather than making it
setgid.

Warner