Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:13:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "G D McKee" <freebsd@gdmckee.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM Drive

G D McKee <freebsd@gdmckee.com> types:
> Hi
>
> Using mount_CD9660 method works, but the other method fails every time.
>
> How can I get the normal method to work, just using the mount command, not
> mount_cd9660?

Well, you could do "mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom", but that just
makes the mount command run mount_cd9660, so I'd say that doesn't
work.

The easiest way to do this if you always want to mount on /cdrom is to
add an entry to /etc/fstab:

/dev/acd0c               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

Then you can just do "mount /cdrom", and mount will look up the /cdrom
entry in fstab and do the right thing.

I also do this for my cdrw, with /cdrw.

	<mike