Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 09:45:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Win2000 clobbered my boot sector

Greetings:

I have a machine with a 10GB drive and a 40GB drive. The 10GB had
Windows NT taking up the whole drive, and the second drive is partitioned
in two with FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE, and Linux 2.4.

All three co-existed on my machine, booteasy only saw NT and FreeBSD, so I
had to boot Linux from a floppy.

I recently installed Windows 2000 Professional (to my deep regret) and
found that booteasy is gone, the old NT OS Chooser is gone and I have no
way to boot into FreeBSD. Booting Linux from the floppy still works.

Booting from a kern.flp, and interrupting the boot sequence and typing in
boot:1:ad(1,a) no longer works, as it once did.

Is there any way I can get FreeBSD back?

Thanks,

Ken Seggerman