Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2010 01:25:11 -0400
From:      jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        ignace peeters <ignace.peeters@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, clsung@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: snort-2.8.6.1

On 10/27/2010 17:59, ignace peeters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build and install snort,running into the following
> recuring error:
>
> /bin/sh /usr/local/bin/libtool --tag=CC    --mode=link cc  -O2 -pipe
> -fno-strict-aliasing -fvisibility=hidden -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall
> -module -lssl -lcrypto -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib

> -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib -lpcre -L -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -ldnet

The error seems to happen in here '-L' as stated by the error below
leads me to believe that something in your make.conf, make.conf.local
and possibly ports-mgmt/portconf and whatever config files it might use
if you use that might be causing it.

Can you double check those files and verify that there is no lines that
would affect the flags passed to the linker or configure to cause that
to appear ?

--

 jhell,v