Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 2003 16:03:26 +0100
From:      Igor Pokrovsky <igor.pokrovsky@cnrm.meteo.fr>
To:        Thomas Stratmann <strattbo@stud.physik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hard error writing...

Thomas Stratmann wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just opened my box from hibernation
> (Toshiba Libretto 110ct) to see lots of messages like
>
> ad0s1a: hard error writing fsbn 4880895 of 2340416-2340439 (ad0s1 bn 468
> ***something** status=51 error=04
>
> (sorry unable to exactly reproduce since I have to copy this from the
> screen, they keep coming every few seconds and litter up the screen)
>
> The HD is just freshly installed. What is going on here, is my disk
> dying?

I had the same problem just one week ago on my laptop. It happend on /
filesystem. What I did is just remade filesystem on this slice and
during this
procedure bad sectors have been remapped by firmware, transparently to
me.
Now everything is fine. So perhaps you ran into the same problem.

Good luck,

--
Igor