Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 22:26:02 +1000
From:      Matthew Hawkins <matt@mh.dropbear.id.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB mouse not working

Hi,

I recently bought a Logitech keyboard/mouse combo, and I can't get the
mouse going.  It's detected fine on bootup, dmesg says:

uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> port 0xd000-0xd01f irq 11 at device 7.2 on pci0
usb0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ums0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/13.10, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0: 5 buttons and Z dir.

however neither moused nor XFree86 want to perform any action whatsoever
when the mouse is moved or any button pressed.  I know the mouse is
functional as it works fine in another operating system.

I've searched the mailing list archives for information and have tried
the suggestions (like running "vidcontrol -m on") but nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
Matt