Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 09:00:50 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Simon Dick <simond@irrelevant.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>
Subject:   Re: not a usa resident?

Simon said

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 08:02:28PM -0500, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> > As I try to recover my system, I moved /usr/ports, and did a new cvs
> > checkout.  I then  built wget.  I still don't have INDEX.db or
> > INDEX.rbo.

> These files are generated by the portupgrade suite of tools.

That's the source of this problem.  portupgraee is not generating them,
and is not doing *anything* in their absence. It returns after a small
fraction of a second.

> > I then tried installing the cvsupit package.  As I cancelled out of it,
> > it informed me I was not a resident of the USA or Candada.

> > make .conf has

> > USA_RESIDENT=           YES

> > Is there somewhere else (rc.conf?) that this should be?

> No idea about that I'm afraid, my /etc/make.conf says
> USA_RESIDENT=NO

> and works fine for me.

my understanding is that this is used for certain crytpography.
However, I also get warnings about des_crypt not existing, which I
suspect may be related.

thanks

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail