Date:      Sun, 18 Dec 1994 12:46:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      guido@gvr.win.tue.nl (Guido van Rooij)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bidirectional ports

Hi all: I am having problems with my bidirectional ports:
they seized working after upgrading form 1.1 to 2.0:

Here is my setting:
ttyd2	"/usr/libexec/getty std.2400"	unknown	on		#modem

crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   28, 130 Dec 18 12:37 /dev/cua02
crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel    28,   2 Dec 18 12:34 /dev/ttyd2

etc/rc.serial:
modem() {
	# Modem that supports CTS and perhaps RTS handshaking.
	for i in $*
	do
		comcontrol /dev/ttyd$i dtrwait 100	# may depend on modem
		# Lock crtscts on.
		# Speed reasonable for V42bis.
		stty </dev/ttyid$i crtscts 57600
		stty </dev/ttyld$i crtscts
		stty </dev/cuai0$i crtscts 57600
		stty </dev/cual0$i crtscts
	done
}

modem		  2

etc/remote:
modem:dv=/dev/cua02:br#2400:at=hayes:

Further: whenever I check the getty on ttyd2, it blocks not on siodcd,
but on ttyout!

In another try, I disabled the getty and did a reboot. After that I could
open cua02 but I could not speak with the modem, nor could I close tip

Do you know what I am doing wrong here?

Would you be so kind to mail me your etc/serial and tty settings??

-Guido