Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 00:50:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23978: NEW PORT: security/amavis-perl

The following reply was made to PR ports/23978; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To: Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>
Cc: Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>,
	Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 03:44:45 -0500

 On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 10:19:33AM +0200, Roman Shterenzon wrote:
 > It's perhaps possible to build amavis, but, the whole point in my port was
 > an automatic install, the goal I achieved in my port (for sendmail only
 > this time).
 > Supporting other MTAs demands much more work, which is why I'm not sure it
 > will be supported soon.
 > Also, postfix-current is needed for postfix support, and this demands
 > dedicating some thought about this issue.

 Ok, but this doesn't really have anything to do with the difference
 between my suggestion and Bill's.  The difference is, if the MTA options
 are mutually exclusive, you must use Bill's suggestion.  If they are
 not, you can use Bill's but mine would be more flexible.

 > Looking forward to see it committed.

 Waiting on security/uvscan-dat update.  Kris?  Just update the MD5 and
 bump the version please.  :-)

 --
 wca