Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:30:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Charles Randall <crandall@matchlogic.com>
Cc:        jgrosch@mooseriver.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Gigabit ethernet

And just to get my name in the minutes, the Intel Gig Ethernet card works
fairly well, but because it's not well supported by the manufacturer releasing
information about it, it may not be the best choice. Performance has been not
proven to be good either- partly because I only had rev 1 boards that couldn't
do PCI MWI cycles. I've had reports from other folks that have indicating
being able to saturate a switch with it, but I have not been able to confirm
that myself.

FWIW.....