Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:36:26 -0400
From:      "andrew kagan" <aklist_061666@enigmedia.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.10 stable: xfree86 driver for ati rage xl chipset?

Hi All:

I've been trying to install xfree86 at the same time I'm installing 4.10
stable.

The graphical configuration tool comes up fine, but when I try to specify
the adapter, there's nothing in the list that refers to "ATI" at all.

If I try to select the default vga adapter, after the config is written and
xfree86 attempts to load, my video doesn't work at all.

Is there a way to drop out of xfree86 at this point, even before install has
completed? I can't proceed to complete the install at this point.

Or should I be skipping configuration of xfree86 at this point and do it
after FreeBSD is installed?

TIA, Andrew