Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:29:46 -0700
From:      Mark Edwards <mark@antsclimbtree.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mail archiving suggestions?

Can anyone suggest some schemes to run an IMAP mail server that creates a
backup or archival copy of each mail incoming and outgoing?  I already have
nightly and weekly backups of all the files on the server, but I want to be
sending a copy (BCC) of each incoming and outgoing mail to a "backup" user,
  which can then be downloaded via POP to a client machine for emergency
purposes.

This is something my company wants to implement, in case the IMAP folders
become unavailable or cease to exist for some reason.  The backup must be
browsable by users immediately, so any kind of "restore" process is not an
option.

I would prefer to stick with Sendmail for the MTA, but I'm open to
suggestions.  My setup is currently UW-IMAP and Sendmail, but I'm willing
to migrate to something else to make this work.

Thanks.

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA