Date:      Sun, 3 May 1998 20:28:56 -0400
From:      Irving Popovetsky <irvingp@puck.nether.net>
To:        Peter Schwenk <schwenk@voicenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: remote xdm problems

Okay, I removed it from /etc/ttys,  and moved it over into /etc/rc.local
(per the FAQ entry that I just found).

for testing purposes, I even booted my NT box into FreeBSD-current  (about
a month-old build.... but it does SMP just fine)  and tried running
/usr/X11R6/bin/X -query watchtower    (watchtower being my 486).

It did the same thing.  the session died after a minute, just as
predicted, and immediatly the xdm logon screen popped back up.

I dont understand why it starts up just fine, and then dies after a while.
what could be going wrong?

-Irving

Peter Schwenk dared to say: