Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 11:49:07 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jason Garman <garman@phs.k12.ar.us>
To:        Vijay Saluja <vsaluja@lakers.lssu.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

On Sat, 9 Mar 1996, Vijay Saluja wrote:

> Can you run Netscape Server Software on Top of FreeBSD.  One of the
> options for Netscape Server Software is BSDI.  Is FreeBSD compatible
> with it and will it run this http server?

I have downloaded their communications server through their Free
Educational Server program, and yes it does work with FreeBSD's
out-of-the-box BSDI emulation.  Just untar and follow the instructions.  I
haven't really stress-tested it though, but I can say that it will work
out of the box...

Jason Garman / garman@phs.k12.ar.us