Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 1994 22:07:02 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        burg@burg.is.ge.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bidirectional ports ?

>/usr/u/burg# cu -s38400 -l/dev/cua00 dir
>cu: /dev/cua00: Line in use
>/usr/u/burg#

>Am I doing something wrong, or is what I want simply not possible?

Perhaps getty has opened /dev/ttyd0.  Use "fstat | grep ttyd0" and/or
"ps -laxt d0" to see if /dev/ttyd0 is open.  Carrier must be configured
correctly for previous gettys to be killed.

Check for junk in /var/spool/lock.  getty doesn't use lock files so
there should be no locking conflicts between in and cu.

Another bug: if I run cu while rlogin'ed, it connects correctly, but
when I type "~.", both cu and rlogin exit.

Bruce