Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:08:26 -0800
From:      Bill Huey (Hui) <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, "Bill Huey (Hui)" <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Subject:   Re: Trying to compile HotSpot on 4.7-STABLE

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 02:00:59PM +1030, Greg Lewis wrote:
> We're due for 1.3.1 patchset 8 but there are a few things holding it up.
> If you're about to do major reworking though that seems to make it more
> likely that we'll wait for what you're doing.

Yeah, sort of, but some of this patch release stuff should still be automated
so that the release process isn't contingent on a single individual. Then folks
can deal with experimental patches verses stuff that's stable, which is analogous
to FreeBSD OS versioning. A nightly build/patch set should be fine, like what the
Mozilla folks have.

bill