Date:      Sun, 01 Oct 2000 01:34:03 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        john253@crosswinds.net
Cc:        media@ct1.nai.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: install from 4.1 CDROM failed

On 10/1/00, 1:06:11 AM, John Murphy <john253@crosswinds.net> wrote=20
regarding Re: install from 4.1 CDROM failed:

> >I tried it again.  It failed.  I got the same message.
> >
> >The 4.1 installer seems a bit different from the 3.4.  Where did the =

bad
> >block scan go??  The flag is described on the help page (F1), but the=

> >command is not listed.

> I don't remember seeing or needing that.  Perhaps these bad blocks are=
=20
the
> problem.

/usr/src/UPDATING states:

19991203:
	BAD144 support has been removed. Cope or replace the hardware.

C'est la vie.=20

BTW, "Bad block on an IDE drive" is yet another relevant -questions=20
thread to look for in the archives :-)

Best regards,
Salvo