Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 08:01:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ker Lutyn <ker527mail@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GLUT fatal error

I am trying to run a simple OpenGL program, but get the following error:

% ./myprog
GLUT: Fatal Error in myprog: visual with necessary capabilities not found.

I am running the following system:

    FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p4
    XFree86-4.2.0_1,1
    Viper 770 Riva TNT2 with 32mb

In my XF86Config I am using the "nv" driver.  Note that the X Window System and
display manager (BlackBox) all work fine.

I have tried this at 1280x1024 and 800x600 resolution, and at 24, 16, and 8
bits of color depth.  In every case, I get the same error message.

I'm hoping someone can suggest something - thanks!