Date:      17 Oct 2002 19:50:29 -0700
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Nick Jennings <nkj@namodn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems mounting extended partitions and fdisk.

Nick Jennings <nkj@namodn.com> writes:

>  I probably am missing something, but can you please tell me how to
>  get into interactive mode? (I think I did this in the installation
>  process).

When used without options, like you're probably using it so far, there
is no such mode choice.  If you use the -f option, you're using the
non-interactive mode and it will run to completion without further
questions.  I suspect that that -f is rarely used.  Otherwise, it's in
interactive mode.  Read the warning in the -f description and the last
paragraph of the Notes section, at least.

I think you can use the /stand/sysinstall program to do the common fdisk
things in a mode that's more obviously interactive.  (In two years, I've
never had to use either to change partitions after OS installation. :-)