Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:15:30 -0400
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: UDMA errors

Hi,
I saw the original post on another machine, so might have broken the thread
with this post, for which I apologize.
At any rate, having gotten similar errors, I've done some searching in this
list's archives and deja, and it seems that the three typical culprits are
cables, motherboards and hard drives.  I'm having the same problem with
new, albeit relatively cheap hard drives (Swapping boxes and cables didn't
help, so I'm assuming it's the drives--putting a better drive in one box,
and reinstalling allowed me to boot without the errors.

I'll be following this one to see if you get a better solution.  The drives
show no problems with MS O/S's or various flavors of Linux.

Scott Robbins