Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:16:41 +0000 (WET)
From:      Jose Gabriel Marcelino <gabriel@maquina.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd@netsys.hn>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: SCSI-3 vrs. ATA

> What would be better Quantum Fireball SE 3.2 GB SCSI-3 which price is double
> of the ATA or Quantum Fireball SE 3.2 GB ATA (UltraDMA)?

I would say neither, but as you are constrained to them do chose the ATA
version because for the trash they are for a server at least you're paying
less.

Let me warn you that these disks were giving lots of problems, in 24
systems we had 7 faulty disks these summer.

I would prefer the new version, the Fireball EX ATA version which are
excellent disks for the price. If you want SCSI do go for the Viking if
your stuck with Quantum or IBM / Seagate  if you're free :-)

--
Jose Marcelino