Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 14:37:32 -0600
From:      Steve Heistand <heistand@heistand.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   multiport ethernet question

Hi folks,

I recently bought a nice 4 port ethernet card for my little machine here.
The problem is that it only gets recognized as one ethernet device
de1.  I have device de0 .. device de3 in my kernel config file.  dmesg shows:
de1: <Digital 21143 Fast Ethernet> rev 0x41 int a irq 17 on pci0.13.0
de1: 21143 [10-100Mb/s] pass 4.1
de1: address 00:c0:f6:10:02:69

de0 is one of my old ethernet cards Im trying to consolitdate into one card.

The chipset is dec 21143 made by the blackbox company.  Well they sell it
with their own name on it. not sure who really makes it.

any thoughts?

thanks

steve

ps please reply to me and the email list since Im not on the email list.

Steve Heistand
heistand@heistand.org