Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:36:29 -0500
From:      Sam Suh <sam@bigstudios.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bge driver not found on 4.4 CD

Hi, everyone.

I am in a process of building Adaptec 2400A based RAID 5 machine for our
shop. I have NIC for this machine which is supposedly supported by 4.4
stable. 3com 3c996-T and
http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/4-STABLE/relnotes/i386/x15.html
indicates that it is supported as "bge" driver, yet, when I tried to
build the customer kernel with entry for "bge", it warns me "bge" is not
known and it fails to compile. I did grep on source tree (recursively)
and couldn't find any mention of bge driver or 3c996 or about Broadcom.
Any idea what happend to this supposed support? How do I add them? I
know CVSup is there, but no NIC, no connection, no Internet for this
machine until I have this NIC going. Any help is welcome. Thank you!