Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2000 01:52:14 +0100
From:      Joachim Jaeckel <Joachim.Jaeckel@coffeebreak.de>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   questions for jdk 12-beta

Hello,

first of all: Great work, what you did (and do) on jdk 1.2.2!

Do you have a BUG database for the jdk port?

I'm using the 12beta-port from 2 weeks ago and I recognized the
following (but it seems to be a Motif-problem maybe, because I saw this
behaviour recently with netscape on my machine...)
My self written (swing-)application is sometimes responding to
mouse-clicks on scrollbars, even if I already released the mouse button.
It stops only, if I move the mouse-pointer away from the scrollbar. Do
you know a way to work around? Or am I the only one who run into it?

Another question is, there's a lot of freespace around text in swing
application on jbuttons and jtree's for example. More, than on the linux
and windows versions, and more the on the 1.1.8 jdk for FreeBSD. Does it
come from the use of the URW-fonts?
(It just interests me...)

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

Joachim.