Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:36:47 -0700
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   natd not allowing incoming ftp connections, but web is okay

I have a server set up to run both web server and ftp server. The web
server is working great, internet connect to it just fine. The ftpd
server is running, it works great on the intranet, but from the internet
connections are not allowed - according to wsftp the message is
connection refused
I have a dsl connection, and use an old 28.8 modem occasionally to test
this stuff. When I try to connect, as anonymous, to the outside ip
address that's when I get the refused error, when I connect to the
inside ip address I connect fine.

My natd.conf looks like this -
use sockets yes
port 8668
alias address xx.xx.xx.xxx
log
unregistered only
redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.14:20-21 20-21
redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.14:80 80

I don't understand why the port 80 line works and the port 20-21 line
does not. Even though it says log, there is no log file being written
to, all log items show on the local display, I don't know why.

Any ideas what to check?

--
Chip