Date:      Sun, 03 Jan 1999 16:55:12 -0800
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.0-CURRENT CAM vs scanner problems

I am getting errors like these from the CAM subsystem when I try to scan
a rather small image using GIMP and the SANE 1.0 port and my UMAX:

cam_periph_mapmem: attempt to map 130851 bytes, which is greater than DFLTPHYS(65536)
cam_periph_mapmem: attempt to map 130820 bytes, which is greater than DFLTPHYS(65536)
cam_periph_mapmem: attempt to map 131016 bytes, which is greater than DFLTPHYS(65536)
cam_periph_mapmem: attempt to map 129444 bytes, which is greater than DFLTPHYS(65536)
cam_periph_mapmem: attempt to map 131029 bytes, which is greater than DFLTPHYS(65536)

The scan does not succeed in either lineart, gray, or color modes,
although the preview does.

The comment in cam/cam_periph.c implies that the DFLTPHYS should be
MAXPHYS but perhaps the comment is wrong?  Or perhaps SANE should be
using DFLTPHYS instead of MAXPHYS?

For now, I added a patch to the sane-1.0 sanei/sanei_scsi.c file to use
DFLTPHYS instead of MAXPHYS, and it is scanning nicely.  Still, I don't
know if it's a SANE bug or a CAM bug and so don't who to report it to.

Thanks in advance.

	-- Parag Patel