Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:01:19 -0600
From:      Jason Carpenter <carpej@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fata Error with FreeBSD 6 Kismet and CIsco Aironet Card

I'm having some trouble getting Kismet to work with my Cisco card; I get
the following error: "FATAL: Cannot set ifmedia: Operation not
permitted."

I have the source set to radiotap_bsd_b in kismet.conf, and am able to
see 802.11 traffic using Ethereal (which seems to imply that rfmon mode
is working correctly). Ive also tried radiotap_bsd_a, and the the
cisco_opebsd source, Ive posted to Kismet's site and got no response.
Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you