Date:          Thu, 22 Feb 96 12:31:15 EST
From:      Trevor Mendez <tmendez@BBN.COM>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.mt.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, tmendez@BBN.COM
Subject:    Re:  Net Install with 3c589 (PCMCIA)

>Umm, that's the port setting.  There are 3 settings you need to know.

I was thinking about too many things at the same time when I responded earlier
... didn't read your note carefully.  But I know what you meant.

>The port, the IRQ, and the IOMEM setting.  However, I can't remember if
>3COM's utility calls it that....

I let 3Com's utility auto conf. the board and save the configuration:
	I/O Port: 0x210
	I/O MEM:  0xd700 (that is, 0xd7000)
	INT:      IRQ 3

Configured the kernel to probe for zp0 at port 0x210, base 0xd7000 (and to use
IRQ 3 -- I reassigned something else that was going to use IRQ 3).

Result:
	lnc1: disabled, not probed.
	ze0: disabled, not probed.
	zp: slot 0: no card in slot
	zp: found card in slot 1
	zp0 not found at 0x210

Perhaps the config. program's "SAVE" function isn't working.  Because, at least
once or twice, I didn't see what I expected after doing: CONFIG, SAVE, REBOOT,
RE-EXAMINE.

/tdm