Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:42:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Charles Jernigan <charlesj@cox-internet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help!

Charles Jernigan wrote to freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

> I have installed FreeBSD on a 2.1 gig hard drive and can not get it to
> run correctly...I followed through the documentation as best I could. I
> can't log on to the root, nor can I get connected to the server to run
> XWindows...

Feel free to give us a more detailed description of the problems you are
having and we will certainly do our best to help you out!  I'm sorry to
hear that FreeBSD didn't fit your tastes.

> Have tried to figure out how to unmount this hard drive so I
> can reformat it back to the dos operating system...How do I remove this
> Linux system in order for windows2000, which is on my primary drive, to
> read this drive so I can format it...Please help!

You shouldn't need to "remove" or "unmount" anything.  You should just be
able to take your Windows 2000 installation CD and start from scratch. You
will need to use the Windows/DOS "fdisk" command to remove the existing
"Unknown" partition that FreeBSD lives on and create a new FAT (or
probably FAT32) partition for Windows to reside in.  After that the
(re)installation of Windows should occur normally.

Hope this helps,
- Ryan Thompson

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Systems Administrator, Accounts

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2