Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 02:53:46 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: *thwap me*... possibly useful 4.2Beta Alpha ISO image

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 04:03:09PM -0800, Matthew Jacob scribbled:
| I actually had a make release run all the way through for me (w/o
| DOC/PORTS/X11, etc..), so I've tarred up the disc1 image which can be found at
| this location:
|
| http://people.freebsd.org/~mjacob/4.2BETA-alpha-iso.tgz
|
| I have  not even tried to install from it yet- will do so later or in the
| morning.

It installs perfectly and boots fine on my DEC PWS-500au. :)
Running perfectly too, cvsupping and trying a buildworld to
test it under load.  Is the Alpha build -jX safe with the breakage
of -jX in x86?

Time for a real release iso from our lovely release engineers? :)