Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:02:31 -0500
From:      "J. Seth Henry" <jshenry@net-noise.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Pornography on Yahoo

You know, I've seen at least 20 posts now spewing vitriol at the poor moron
who had the temerity to stand up for something she believes in. While I
agree, her post was seriously off-topic, and completely brain dead - BUT SO
WERE THE REPLIES!!! Come on folks, we have wasted (at least) 20x the
bandwidth the original poster did - so why don't we just let it go?

Also, I would like to point out that we don't see this much vitriol when a
commercial spammer posts something. I find *that* easily as irritating and
offensive as a knuckleheaded soap-box post from a religious zealot. BTW, for
the atheists in the room, a recent court decision held that atheism is, in
fact, a form of religion. I, for one, find the atheists soap box just as
grinding and irritating as everyone else's soap box. That said, why don't we
lay off the atheists, Christians, Quakers - and who knows who else - and get
back to the business of learning about FreeBSD? (if the offended parties
aren't atheists - my bad, but whatever you are, enough's enough...)

As an aside, I would ask why this lady deserves more abuse than any other
spammer or huckster. Why don't we blast them all equally for wasting our
time? Just a thought...

Seth Henry
jshenry@net-noise.com