Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:17:50 -0800
From:      72yan M <freedom@72oot.net>
To:        "Zivkovic" <zivkovic@siol.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cable modem + DHCP

Hello,

I did have problems switching over from a static IP when Attbi switched to
dhcp. Your issue sounds like the IP least is not being renewed. Ifound that
the solution was in the #/etc/dhcilent.conf. The default is the have an empty
file. I found a article on dhcp at http://www.freebsddiary.org/athome.php it
gave an example dhclient.conf to follow. The information needed to setup is
the hostname and network device.

Here is my dhclient.conf.

interface "fxp0" {
         send host-name "c#######-a";
         request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
domain-name,
domain-name-servers;
         require subnet-mask;
         media "media autoselect";}